Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Why blog? Why now?

So, I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a while. Mostly due to my friend Kelly's blog about her food adventures and also Solange's blog about her travel adventures/life in general, though what really sparked my interest was the #30daysofme challenge Solange embarked on at the end of last year. What interesting things I learnt about this friend of mine! Whom I've known since high school, but never been very close friends with. Maybe an "acquanti-friend", more than a mere acquaintance but not someone you've ever spent too much time with socially. (That shall be another post entirely!)

Anyway, why blog? Well, a few factors really...
1. I like to think I lead a fairly interesting life, so why not document it?!?
2. I have been away from New Zealand (home) now for just over 5 years and with more and more friends in ever increasing parts of the world, I think a blog would be a great way to share my life with everyone.
3. Inspired by many beautiful foodie blogs, such as Smitten Kitchen & What Katie Ate, I wanted to share my many food adventures also.
4. The reasoning to most of the things I do in life... Why not!!??

Why now??
Well, why not now??
I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions, mostly because a) I have a hard time remembering them, and b) I have no intention of keeping them, so why bother!?
Although, armed with a friend's "I resolve to be more resolute about my resolutions", managed to stave of the inevitable post new year questioning about resolutions. I decided, maybe I would set myself a "resolution" to start my blog.. and considering I only came to this decision about 2 weeks ago, I decided to set myself the target of having started a blog by the end of February. But with starting a new job and moving flats coming up, I thought today, that if I don't start now, I'll probably never get around to it. So here is me, on my lunch break, starting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥