Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

30 Days of me - Day 10

Day 10 - Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

I don't have any particular songs that I listen to when I am in a particular mood... I could be happy one day and wana listen to some songs and be happy the next day and wana listen to completely different songs...

When I'm happy, I generally like crappy catchy pop music... like top 40 stuff...

When I'm sad, I will usually put on something like Gabriel by Lamb, things that are just chilled and mellow...

Bored... just depends how I want to pick myself up from being bored... usually crappy pop music again.. so I can dance around the house and entertain myself... :D

Hyped... def Rock when I'm hyped.. usually coz I'm flying down a mountain on my snowboard... think... System of a Down.. Old skool Metallica... (like Master of Puppets & the Black album old)....

Mad... depends on what kinda mad... if I want to calm down... or if I want to rage and get it out of my system.. :D

Argh.. this is a super hard post.. I feel like I'm being super vague... but my music taste is pretty vague... so... I'm not copping out... honest...

But I can tell you there are certain songs that provoke certain memories which always made me smile... :)

Some are from so long ago, they are no longer relevant.. but it takes me back to that period in time...

ie. Who let the dogs out - Baja men, reminds me of my friend Tony... from high school days...

Brass monkey - Beastie boys, reminds me of my friend Joel.. from high school days when having massive subs in your car was the coolest thing EVER... :D

I like the way - Bodyrockers, reminds me of my Canadian wife... dancing on her bed in staff housing in Whistler... mad times... MAD times... oh man... I miss her so much... I miss you wifey!!! (noone talks baby talk like you do!!)

The muppets song.. the one that's like me nah me nah - on one of the early Triple J cd's... remind me of my friend Nick, who I'm not even friends with anymore...

I could go on, but those are the Main ones that come to mind.. and they are probably fairly boring for you all so... I'm going to leave it at that...

Thanks for reading... if you're still reading... I applaud you if you are!!!

As a reward... here is a picture of my favourite band... Shihad... homegrown in NZ..

{via}


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥