Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

Fill in the blank...

First of all, can I just say... Holy Cow Japan!! My heart and thoughts are with the people there and all the people who have been affected by it, near or far... With the recent disasters in Australia, South America, New Zealand... I'm just not even sure how to feel about it all anymore... I am saddened by the loss of life.. but feel so helpless at the same time... Really shadows the wars around the World and even the civic uprising in places like Libya... I can't really clarify my thoughts on all this at the moment.. but it's definitely food for thought...

Anywhos... moving onto lighter and brighter things... It's Friday!! which means..... Fill in the Blank Day!!!

{via}
Click the link if you want to play too!
1.   My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is       finishing uni... tho to be honest,. I could have worked a lot harder while I was there.. oh well... but probably actually the fact that I've upped and moved to a city/country where I know pretty much no one twice three four times in the last 5 years...  I don't know if the fact I did it by choice makes it a bigger or small accomplishment..  

2.  My favorite place to sit in my house is    on "my" couch.. I'm not good at sharing couches with people.. unless they are three seater couches and long enough to lie on with another person.. but as far as sitting goes.. I like to have a couch to myself...    

3.  My fashion philosophy is    wear whatever is comfortable and flattering... I don't really follow "trends".. I have been told my "uniform" is jeans and a t shirt.. which I can't argue... but I think you will only feel gorgeous in clothes that you are comfortable in... even in a really pretty dress, if you are constantly adjusting it because you're not comfortable.. you won't feel pretty.. well in my opinion... I have never felt the need to suffer to look good... (well apart from some blisters due to pretty shoes, but I get blisters from new sneakers, so... meh!)  if it's cold, I'm going to bundle up.. I've never understood girls who wear next to nothing in the middle of winter in an effort to "look good".. sorry, I think you look like an idiot because your lips are blue and you're standing there shivering...   

4.  Something every girl should have is     comfy trakkies... a "wear around the house outfit" which you can slob around in and just BE COMFY!!  & some friends (possibly even a partner) who will stay friends  with you (and love you) even after seeing you in said outfit!! :D  everyone deserves a break sometime!!   

5.  If you looked in my purse right now you'd find....     wayyy too much stuff.. Lucas pawpaw ointment... - absolute lifesaver! I use it as lip balm and hand cream.. also good for cuts and burns and pretty much anything else that can go wrong with your skin... AMAZING!!  compact... Moleskin diary... camera, usb key.. erm... pens.. Rescue Remedy... Tide pen... phone.. keys.. MOR lipbalm... mints.. gum.. Vichy Blemish/Concealer pen - I don't wear make up but this little pen is a must for me.. just to quickly cover up any spots, and they have something in it that helps the spot go away.. hooray!!  hanky.. tissues.. folder containing vouchers & Moleskin notebook... ipod charger..  I could go on...   

6.  My favorite music right now is       dunno... I haven't sat down to listen to anything properly in a long time... I haven't updated my ipod in about a year.. and I still have a lot of the music I loaded on when I first bought it 4 years ago.. I can't bring myself to overhaul it coz so many of the songs on it remind me of things/places/people/events in the past 4 years..    

7.  My favorite part of my body is       my back... definitely my back...  I love my tatts on my back, and I love that the skin is always soft and requires no maintenance (why can't my face be the same!?!)  and my collarbone... I thought I was a weirdo about that.. but looky here!!  I'm not!! hoorah!!!   


Happy Weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay, I love that you have as much junk in your purse as I do in mine! hahaha. All SO necessary though ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh TOTALLY!!

    The one day I go out without my Tide pen, I'll bet, is the day I'll spill something on myself!!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥