Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

30 Days of me - Day 2

Day 02- The meaning behind your blog name


I ♥ Monkeys..  I am also referred to as Monkey by Mr. J... 


I was going to call my blog Monkey Business.. but I decided that although I DO, in fact, get up to a lot of monkey business, it wasn't my life all the time... 


I am the QUEEN of goofing off.. seriously.. I will randomly break out in "interpretative dance" in the middle of a mall... ESpecially if they start playing 80's power ballards... imagine me attempting to act out the lyrics to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and you'll have a fairly good idea of what I mean...  I also love trying on hats/masks/anything silly I can get my hands on and taking photos of myself... I will also attempt to rope in whoever happens to be with me at the time... (luckily I have a lot of friends who are willing participants!!).. anyone who has seen my pictures on facebook can attest to this!


I try not to take life too seriously, try to find the funny side of every situation.. even if it's not so obvious AT THE TIME... ie. being pooped on by a monkey.. (if being pooped on by a bird = good luck, then I figure being pooped on by a monkey, which I figure is MUCH more rare, can only mean good things!!)...


Anywhos!! I decided that I pretty much spend the majority of my life just Monkeying Around... even when I'm at work some days.. haha.. remember when I told my boss I would flash him..?? yea... that's a fairly normal day in the life of yours truly... 


Honestly, have you met another girl who went on a 3 day desert crossing in Oman and ended up hanging out with a bunch of Omani men smoking sheeshas?? Oh and we were all firing these LED lit dragonflys around the camp... they were little and made of plastic and you used a little rubber band catapult to fire them... I stuck one in my ponytail and forgot about it... until I was leaving to head back to my tent and they all started using me as target practice!! Have you tried running across sand dunes in the middle of the night in barefoot while people are shooting plastic toys at you??!! Hilarity ensued!! Yup.. that's pretty much my life... no joke..


Sometimes I feel for the poor souls who have had to live with me over the years.. and some days I think they must be the luckiest people on earth because they are constantly laughing at me... notice I said AT.. rather than with.. :)  I will hide around corners, knowing full well the other person can hear me giggling, and still jump out and yell BOO when they come in the room... it seems that I am a firm believer that "if I can't see you, you can't see me".... yes.. I am 5 years old...


So there you have it... the reason behind "Monkeying Around"... coz it's what I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥