Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Thrifting Kitchenware...

A post somewhat dedicated to Mrs Biscuit

Ever since that fateful day when Mrs Biscuit was first to click on that "follow" button on this little ol' blog o' mine.. I have been on a hunt to thrift the perfect biscuit tin to send as a little thank you... (it was so surprising to know that someone out there was reading my ramblings! and someone I didn't even know!! [yet!] I feel like we are getting to be good bloggyBuds tho :] ) - this is how I feel about all "personal blogs" I read.. like I am getting to know a friend a little bit better with each and every post I read..

Here are some tins & jars I've come across in my travels..


 All from Tesco

These are all shiney and new.. and I really like each one for different reasons.. but I kinda feel like it's too easy to just go and buy one to send... do you have a favourite??

Also, with our shared love of thrifting.. I just think it would be so much more fun if I could thrift one... but trying to thrift a biscuit jar is harder than ya think!! Needing to take into account that it will be making a trans Atlantic journey is a major hindrance... then also finding one that isn't all dented and scungy inside is another...

A while ago, I saw a French Moulinex Mouli Grater for £4 at the Salvation Army around the corner from my work, and now I'm kicking myself for not buying it... considering I just found this post selling one for £15.70.. GAH!! but I can be a bit funny about buying kitchenware from charity stores... I usually sterilize anything that I will be eating with or off in boiling water with a bit of bleach.. everything else I wash in hot soapy water regardless...
xx Caz
What are your feelings?? Would you or do you thrift kitchenware???

2 comments:

  1. A whole post dedicated to me?!? WOOHOO! Thanks sweet Caz Lady!!! I never knew that by clicking follow I would end up making such a good blog buddy all the way across the world!
    I heart Biscuit Jars, old and new! That bamboo looking one is especially cool, but I definitely appreciate your desire to thrift one... When I find extra cool thrifted goods it makes me feel like I've found something rare, that no one else can easily find...
    Except of course we don't have Tesco here... Haha!

    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I will continue on my quest to thrift one.. if I don't thrift one by July before I leave for Canada, then I may see what Tesco have to offer.. :D

    That's how I feel about thrifting too, that I am finding something noone else will have! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥