fill in the blank friday on a non bacon & egg roll day...
(Skip to the picture to find my FITBs... keep reading if you think you're having a bad day at the office...)
Well, those of you who read my FITBs regularly will know that Friday = bacon roll day at my work!
But there are only 4 of us here today and my colleague who normally instigates bacon rolls had a breakfast meeting where he had a bacon roll and thus left me high and dry when I got to work...
I then had the downstairs receptionist calling to say one of our guys had parked somewhere they shouldn't have and needed to move his car.. but he was waiting for the bossman to leave to park in his space..
The bossman then came out of a conference call swearing like a sailor... and rushing around like a mad person to get to his son's sports day.. and this was all before I even booted up my machine!!
NOT a good start to Friday in my books..
Things proceeded to get worse... one of the printers has blown its fuse and now doesn't work.. *sigh*
Of course Ms K who is usually in charge of these things is off on holiday.. so...
I called our IT people because I wasn't sure if they covered our printers as well but got stuck talking to the ONE guy who speaks no english... *sigh* after taking 5 minutes trying to tell him my name and which office I worked in, I finally had to ask to speak to someone else.. he was all "but I'm a member of the support staff as well" and while I would normally just grin and bear it.. I really just didn't have the time OR the patience for it this morning.. I was like.. "I know, but can I just speak to X because I'm used to dealing with him?"..
ANYYYYwhos, X took about two minutes and checked a few things and was pretty much "can't fix it, you need a new fuser"... GRRREAT..
our stationary people don't sell it and are now trying to track it down as a "special request"...
Meanwhile as I'm on the phone, we had people arriving wayyyy early for a meeting and mr X was "eating his toast" and therefore unable to get off his backside to let people in (for HIS OWN meeting) so another colleague had to go get the door.. *RAGE*
We also then had a fire drill, literally in the middle of the meeting...
Then after the meeting mr X is all "I just need you go do these two things for me today" to which I replied "well, if you want to field the bossman's phone calls and do all his bidding for him, then sure!" *MORE RAGE*
And it's only just lunch time!! *sigh*
(Congrats if you're still reading!!) How's your Friday going so far?? Better than mine??!!
Here's some FITBs!!
1. The best news I ever received was that my parents had bought me a car! .
2. Something I'm looking forward to is CANADA!! and an epic road trip across the States with one of my fave peeps!! I fly in 20 days!! Woohooo!! .
3. Something I would never do is say that I'd never do something.. "Never say never".. coz you just never know... I think we would all be surprised by what we each would do in order to survive something... .
4. If I could choose someone to be my life coach (famous or not, living or dead), I'd chooseI dunno.. someone who knows how to have fun and not take life too seriously.. .
5. If I had to put a label on my style it would be chameleon. Some days I go for preppy, some days urban, sometimes bohemian...just depends on my mood that day (haha Lauren said chameleon.. I was thinking more schizophrenia.. -me, not Lauren!) Funny how we imply the same idea.. but each word has such a different connotation!!.
6. One should always be true to oneself .
7. I want to be in my bikini sipping on a cocktail floating around a pool... alas.. I will have to resign myself to work... *sigh* .
I just need to survive this work day, then we are headed to Bristol for the weekend, for the mister's mum's 60th.. joy! (yes that is sarcasm you sense dripping all over that joy!)
Head on over to Lauren's to link up or to read other people's potentially much more upbeat blanks than mine!!