Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Best Ice Cream in Scotland - Ciao Roma, South Bridge

After our rather disappointing dinner, we were on the lookout for dessert on the way home..
Ciao Roma had signs in their window announcing "Best Ice Cream - Highland Show 2011"
Best Ice Cream you say??? Well, don't mind if I do!!
We stood and stared at the flavours in the window for a while then decided to go in...
The girl behind the counter was super nice and let us have lots of tasters before we finally made our decisions! 
 Muaahahaha.. notice I pretty much squeezed the mister out of this picture.. teeheehee
Lemon & Mango Yoghurt Gelato for me.. neither of which I tasted originally.. haha

Hazelnut & Banoffee (banana + toffee - I didn't know that's what banoffee stood for until this year!!) for the mister


Now I can't vouch that it's the best ice cream in Scotland, but it was pretty darned tasty!! The lemon had a nice zesty zing to it and the mango yoghurt was mellow and subtle.. The hazelnut was a nice offset to the sweet tang of the banoffee adding a nice nutty after taste. If you're passing by, stop in for some ice cream!

--------------------------------------------
Just so you know, I am in no way associate with Ciao Roma, I'm just a random passer by who really enjoyed their ice cream!

xx Caz

5 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! Sigh... if only I weren't across the ocean. See, if I were Harry Potter, I could just zap some up out of thin air! Ah well, I'm glad you got to have a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would much rather if you could come over here and eat ice cream with me rather than just zap some up for you over there! Does Harry have those kinda powers??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! There are so many good ice creams places here in Chicago, but I always seem to visit the same one. Maybe it's time to venture out and try a new one. It's definitely ice cream weather here!

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wish it would stay ice cream weather here! It's been so changeable lately, it's hard to know how to dress!!

    Thanks for stopping by! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry - banoffee - it's revolutionary! ; )

    ReplyDelete

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥