Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

HELP! Suggestions for an adventure required!!

So now that my epic Summer road trip isn't happening anymore... I have about 10 days to fill...
Yes, I have other couches to stay on in Victoria (thanks friends!!) but I am feeling the itch to GO somewhere and DO something...

I have been trying to book flights to Halifax to see the wifey tho for some reason airCanada website seems to dislike both my credit cards... *sigh* and prices seem to go up daily... *more sigh*

Flights to Halifax are approx $900, when I get there, I have guaranteed accommodation with the wifey which = free... (aside from general house guest'y costs such as helping with groceries and drinks etc)

Flights to San Fran are approx $450, tho I am not guaranteed somewhere to stay... I have friends that I can hopefully stay with, and another friend who may have friends who will put me up, but I don't want to count on that in case none of it comes through.... hostels are approx $30-50/night, I've found some nice looking rooms on airbnb for about $65...  so total for accommodation for a week would = approx $450...

So, herein lies my dilemma... do I just suck it up and fork out for the flights to Halifax because I have guaranteed accommodation and it would be loverly to see the wifey because I haven't seen her in like ten million years..., we would probably hire a car and go up to PEI for a couple of days because I haven't been there before and really want to go...

(Oh, I should also mention, that it is cheaper for me to fly to Halifax from the UK than from Victoria/Vancouver, so I could essentially wait till I'm back in the UK and book another trip to Canada from there... the flight would be shorter AND cheaper than for me to go from here....)

Or, do I book flights to San Fran in the hopes that something/someone might come through with somewhere to stay??  - I haven't been to San Fran in over 10 years, so it would be nice to revisit the city, and maybe hire a car and go into Napa or the wine region....

Or, I could get on the ferry and go to Seattle for approx $100, but I would be paying for accom once I get there as I don't think I know anyone in the city... with the thought of maybe greyhounding to Portland for a few days, I've been to Seattle a few times when I lived in Canada so feel like I've exhausted most of the tourist traps...

OR... is there anywhere else you think I should go?? Do you know of anyone willing to take a houseguest?? Would you let me come be your houseguest?? :)

I need an adventure!!
xx Caz

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Your turn on the soapbox.. ♥